Privacy And Data Protection Policy
We at HATCO INDUSTRIES (HTC Instrument) care deeply about privacy, security, and online/offline safety, all of which are a significant part of our essential mission: to protect users of our products and services (“you” and “your”) from the risks of theft, disruption, and unauthorized access to their information and activities.
This Privacy and Data Protection Policy (“Policy”) is designed to inform you about how we collect and use your personal data through our products, services, and web-based and mobile applications (collectively, the “Services”) or when you interact with us.
HTC Instruments develops/ manufactures and source highest quality testing and measuring equipment under its own brand name serving every industry from Agriculture to Zoology. Our website operates as as a portal through which commercial businesses and independent consumers can engage in online transactions.
When you access or use our Services, you acknowledge that you have read this Policy and understand its contents. Your use of our Services and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Policy, any applicable Terms of Service (including any applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes) and any applicable Master Service Agreement.
This Notice applies to all users of our Services across the world.
TYPE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
In order to provide our services, we collect information. Some information you provide directly to us, some we collect automatically through our Services, and some is collected from third parties. In this Policy, â€œPersonal Dataâ€ refers to data that could be used, alone or in combination with other data, to identify you as an individual.
We collect information you provide to us. For example, we collect information when you purchase a product or service, create an account, fill out a form, write an examination, evaluate and examination, request customer service, or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of Personal Data you may provide includes:
- Contact information (such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number);
- Personal Information (demographic information, photographs, and biometrics such as retina scan, finger prints etc.); and
- Account log-in credentials (which for some Services may include social network credentials).
You may also provide us with additional data.
We automatically collect information about your interactions with the Services as well as devices on which the Services are installed.
For example, we may collect and use the following:
Information about the products used by including time spent and other statistical information;
In order to provide you our Services, including to detect and evaluate malware and spam, we may scan, collect, and store data from your files, including emails, attachments, email addresses, metadata, and URLs and traffic data.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
We may receive information about you from other sources and combine that information with the information we collect directly. Examples of information we may receive from other sources include: customer support and enrolment information. For our identity protection Consumer Products, we also may collect credit or identity information which we use to help prevent and detect fraud.
Certain Services may request permission to access your location. Where you grant this permission, we will collect information about your location using GPS, wireless, or Bluetooth technology. You can control access to precise location information through your mobile device settings. We also may look up your IP address to determine your general location.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
To Help Protect You
When you install or use one of our Services, it will run in the background of your device or environment to help predict threats and better protect you, your devices, and your information. For example, HTC Instruments may use information to:
- Analyze data sent to/from your device(s) to isolate and identify threats, vulnerabilities, viruses, suspicious activity, spam, and attacks, and communicate with you about potential threats;
- Participate in threat intelligence networks, conduct research, and adapt products and services to help respond to new threats;
- Encrypt your data, lockdown a device, or back-up or recover your data;
- Check for Service updates and create performance reports on our Services, to ensure they are performing properly; and
- Look for misuses of your data when you use our identity monitoring products.
To ensure optimum utilisation of our products and services:
We also use the information we collect for other business purposes, including:
- Analyze your behavior to measure, customize, and improve our Services, including developing new products and services;
- Advertise HTC Instruments products and services that we think may be of interest to you;
- Establish and manage accounts and licenses, including by collecting and processing examination curriculum;
- Provide customer support, troubleshoot issues, manage subscriptions, and respond to requests, questions, and comments;
- Communicate about, and administer participation in, special events, programs, surveys,;
- Conduct market and consumer research and trend analyses;
- Enable posting on our blogs, forums, and other public communications;
- Perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities;
- Prevent, detect, identify, investigate, and respond to potential or actual claims, liabilities, prohibited behavior, and criminal activity; and
- Comply with and enforce legal requirements, agreements, and policies.
We may use Personal Data for which we have a legitimate interest, such as direct marketing, individual or market research, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Data or with your consent.
Who Do We Share Personal Data With?
Generally, we disclose the information we collect to provide the Services, to communicate with you, to advertise or promote our Services, to facilitate changes to or transfers of our business, as required by law, or with your consent. For instance, we may share the information we collect as follows:
We may share Personal Information in the following ways:
- With current and future members of the HTC Instruments for the purposes described in this Policy;
- With service providers who perform services for us;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary and appropriate to prevent physical, financial, or other harm, injury, or loss, including to protect against fraud or credit risk;
- To legal, governmental, or judicial authorities as instructed or required by those authorities and applicable laws, or in relation to a legal activity, such as in response to a subpoena or investigation of suspected illicit or illegal activities, or where we believe in good faith that users may be engaged in illicit or illegal activities, or where we are bound by contract or law to enable a customer or business partner to comply with applicable laws;
- In connection with, or during negotiations for, an acquisition, merger, asset sale, or other similar business transfer that involves all or substantially all of our assets or functions where Personal Data is transferred or shared as part of the business assets (provided that such party agrees to use or disclose such Personal Data consistent with this Policy or gains your consent for other uses or disclosures);
- With your consent or at your direction, such as when you choose to share information or publicly post content and reviews (for example, social media posts); and
- With persons of your choosing and at your discretion, should the product you are subscribed to allow that functionality.
We may also share aggregate data that does not identify you or any specific device with third parties. We do not share information that identifies you personally with non-affiliated third parties for their own marketing use without your permission.
How Do We Protect Your Data?
We use administrative, organizational, technical, and physical safeguards to protect the Personal Data we collect and process. Our security controls are designed to maintain data confidentiality, integrity, and an appropriate level of availability.
HTC Instruments will keep your Personal Data for as long as you are a registered subscriber or user of our products or for as long as is reasonably necessary for business purposes related to provision of the Services, such as internal reporting and reconciliation purposes, or to provide you with feedback or information you might request.
HTC Instruments is headquartered in the India, and we have operations, entities, and service providers throughout the world. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your Personal Data to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your Personal Data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
This is custom heading element
If you are a registered user of a HTC Instruments, you can access and correct the Personal Data in your profile at any time by visiting My Account.
You may request access, changes to, or removal of your Personal Data in accordance with the applicable laws by contacting us as indicated below. For some requests and where permitted by law, an administrative fee may be charged. We will advise you of any applicable fee prior to performing your request.
Although HTC Instruments makes good faith efforts to provide customers with access to their Personal Data, there may be circumstances in which we are unable to provide access, including but not limited to: where the information contains legal privilege, where the information would compromise othersâ€™ privacy or other legitimate rights, where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the individualâ€™s privacy in the case in question, or where it is commercially proprietary. If HTC Instruments determines that access should be restricted in any particular instance, we will provide you with an explanation of why that determination has been made and a contact point for any further inquiries. To protect your privacy, we will take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making any changes to your Personal Data.
You may contact us regarding this Privacy Notice: [email protected]